In any living room around the globe, the main furniture piece is always a coffee table. This piece is often used to put books, drinks or other things on it, or just as a unique decorative element in the room.
Today traditional items are going to the past. Here are several modern options that can cover both visual and practical aspects of all high quality coffee tables.
- Footstool or big ottoman can become a classy coffee table. Moreover from time to time it can serve as an extra seating place. Do not forget about a tray to balance any drinks or something else.
- Modern coffee table designs have nothing in common with antique trunk. But, this piece can be not only as functional and practical as a common coffee table. It may give you an extra storage.
- Old crates today are often used in rustic decors and not only. Using a milk crate as a coffee table is a nice idea. Of course one piece can totally replace traditional tables, but attaching several ones together will not only let you put drinks on it, but also will give enough place for storage.
- Just take a tabletop you like and use books and magazines instead of legs, istn/t it a great idea?
- In traditionally or country styled rooms, large basket with a built-in-storage can look better than most modern coffee table designs.
- If you prefer traditional look of the coffee table with glass, taking two or more pieces you will see that this is a pretty unusual, very practical and just a good option.
- Do you have a simple wooden bench? If yes, now you also have a great coffee table that can provide you with an extra seating as well.
- If you want to have a teardrop coffee table, find suitable sections of tree trunk and attach legs to them. With such piece the room becomes fresher and will have more natural look.
- Large vintage suitcase with flat sides is a nice option for adding charm to the living room. Taking several smaller items and stacking them together, you get a nice small side table for your needs.
If you don’t feel like one of those pieces in your living room is a must-have one, you may not include it in the furnishings at all.