Outdoor furniture is beautiful and elegant addition to your garden. Wood is a natural product that is why it is the best material for making pieces, especially garden’s. Unfortunately, most best outdoor wood furniture is not resistant to weather’s influence, insects. That is why the
main task is giving this material better lastingness. And only teak is the ideal material for creating patio, because it is long-lasting, strong one, and it is the best for both: indoor and outdoor furniture.
Teak is Best Wood to Make Outdoor Wood Furniture
Teak has its own characteristics, which influence on making outdoor wood furniture for the gardens:
- It is beautiful, smooth, durable, and good material for pieces.
- This wood is resistant to bad weather or insects. Garden furniture can withstand rain or sunlight during few years, even if you will not periodically serve it.
- Teak pieces does not need artificial polishing or oiling as other such furniture.
- It has silica and natural oil content; that is why this type of wood is resistant to every kind of insects.
- You can do every structural work and carved designs with this type of wood. It is all because of its sturdiness, elasticity and easy using.
- Teak has silica and oil content. Due this, this wood can contact with different metals, for example iron, and did not get rotted or splintered.
- Teak is a solid wood, so it is very good material for shipbuilding in the whole world, and respectively best wood to make furniture.
- This wood also has a stylish design and clean lines. You will never find the same wood.
- It is good cleaned and maintained.
This type of trees named as Tectona Grandis and it is a grade of Verbenaceae’s family. By the way, teak is an expensive material because it grows about 50-60 years. There are some problems with its acquiring also, but teak tree is most preferred material for outdoor furniture making. High quality benches, doors, windows etc. are made from teak. As we know, this wood is resistant to heat, humidity and insects, anyway, it needs timely cleaning, maintenance for prolonging its existent.
High price and scarcity of teak wood furniture are the reasons to use other hardwoods for furniture making. It could be African oak, mahogany and so on. But they do not match the Teak’s characteristics.