John Boswell said that a winter is a long season to collect all warm moments, go to the sentimental trip and enjoy every second. It is easy to agree with this statement, and the perfect way to spend such idle hours with an interesting book.
There is nothing better than a cup of hot drink and a feeling of favorite read in your hands. We all want to create cozy reading nook chairs in our houses to have a rest there with a book. Such a cozy place gives the journey to other world. Here are few tips you may use in creating your own reading nook.
10 Rules of Reading Nook Making
- A separate space. Before installing your own reading corner furniture think carefully about the place where you will put it. It can be a corner in your living room or cozy seat in your bedroom, anyway give the corner to literature and coziness.
- A seat. What do you like better cotton or leather? Do you want a large chair? In fact, every reading nook needs seating that will give you a desire to spend time there.
- Storage space for books. It does not matter how many favorite books you have and how often you read them, you need an empty space for keeping them. Thus, you will have a bookshelf near your reading place.
- A table. It is impossible to hold a book and a cup of hot drink at the same time. So, you will need a little table to keep your favorite drink when you turn the page of favorite book.
- A light. You will need light for reading, so do not choose too dark space in your room for nook making. The perfect space must have a window for day reading and a good lamp for night.
- The place for your feet. Probably you should think about cozy lap space in your reading nook for your cat as well. Choose the cushioned pouf to your feet and feel comfortable.
- Pillows. It is hard to imagine comfortable nook decorating ideas without pillows. If you have few on the sofa, then add some for your cozy nook.
- Fresh plants. It does not matter you create reading nooks for small spaces or for large room big or small plants will give the relaxing atmosphere there.
- Personal items. Every person becomes happier if they have own items around. Add to your reading nook some art on a bookcase nook that will show your personality.
- Enjoy your space. At least, you must like your reading nook. This space must inspire you to read book there. If you make it and don’t like the result then try again until you will feel the satisfaction of this.