Banquettes are usually expected to be seen in a bar or on someone’s terrace, but almost never inside the house. Seating booth design is a matter of taste but most often people choose couches, sofas or armchairs. Although, a banquette can become a perfect choice for optimization of space in the kitchen. In some sense this piece is something between a sofa and a chair, so in particular styles and spaces banquet kitchen design is an ideal option.
Here are several reasons why you should give a preference to banquettes:
- If you have a small kitchen sitting area, these pieces become very practical if they occupy spaces between the wall and table. Especially when it is hard to fit individual chairs in this space. Moreover, with a banquette every room becomes more cozy and neat.
- There pieces are looking good only if there is one placed on the side of the table, while there are chairs on the other sides. If you ignore this suggestion, you risk to get a boxed-in look of the dining space and everybody will feel themselves less comfortable because of the lack of flexibility and freedom. This is not one of those cases when symmetry looks good. However, comfortable and cohesive ambiance can be reached with the help of matching set of the banquette with armchairs or chairs.
- Matching set of corner seating for kitchen does not have to be totally identical. As an option – try to combine contrasting colors, thus your dining area will become even more stylish.
- Coordinating the colors of your banquette with the palette of the walls, carpets, chairs or curtains you can maintain the perfect cohesion between all pieces in the room.
- If you want more people to sit in the kitchen area or you do not always know how many people will come today for the dinner, this is another reason to buy a banquette seating instead of couple of chairs. The piece can accommodate different number of people, comparing to chairs that can become a seat only for one person at a time.
- Correctly chosen rounded banquette seating is a perfect match for round tables, while linear sofas and couches are good only for rectangular tables. But it will be more difficult to find curved seating, because there are not so much their design and style options.
Finally, type of seating pieces for your dining area is only your decision. Just remember that every detail matters.