When you imagine renovation or redecoration of your space first you think about all colors and tones that will fit to your interior and new design. But professional designers advice to choose colors and paints last. It is reasonable because there are many tons and different colors to use as paint in your interior plan, but not as many when we choose furniture, accessories and so on.
For decoration interior design it is better sometimes to overlook principles in favor of imagination and creativity. You may make it if you do want to look your design more personal, and of course if you feel yourself like a creative person who always invent something new, creative, and different for the room.
Interesting Tips for House Interior Decor
- Imagine a feature wall and create it. For instance, do a focal point or a pictures and art gallery in frames if you want to create interesting installation in living room. With this method you may make accent walls and establish balance in a room.
- Remember that first impressions work even if you do not give them too much attention. If you want to have good first impression for your visitors then pay a lot of attention on little things such as entrance. Make it more welcoming and try to imagine your home from different perspectives, not only yours.
- If you don’t want to look your house interior decor like “straight out of the catalogue”, so don’t create a particular typical style. Mix together old and new things and make your decor more interesting and personal. You can do it easily by mixing two or more styles in one common design.
- Use successfully dark colors for interior decorating accessories. There is the opinion that dark colors could make a room smaller. But in fact it is not true. Dark tones give the depth to the space and they could have the similar effect as light colors do. But in this case you should think carefully about effective lighting to make the room not sad and gloomy.
- Very interesting and simple designer trick is using items in pairs when it comes for decorating a room. For instance, take two lamps to the living room, frame the sofa with them, or place two vases on a table but not a single one in the center of a tabletop.
- You can also play with details such as heating units. If you have enough of inspirations then pick radiators that will look like art works. If not then maybe you will prefer to hide them in some way. Another one interesting option is painting the radiators. Thus you may do both – conceal them or make them stand out and creative focal points if chosen colors will be bold.
- According to the furniture big pieces could easily overwhelm a professional interior design and make the feelings of small and not welcoming and comfortable than you would prefer. It’s easy to avoid it by choosing neutral tones for these large furniture pieces. Thus, they won’t stand out and focal points will look smaller.
Where Can You Find an Inspiration For Decorating Interior Design?
When you come in the store, someone could propose you to buy the whole set, but avoid it because it could look boring in the space. So don’t do it and better buy individual pieces, mix and match them like you want and feel.
One of the most important purposes you should receive in creating design spaces is stimulating the conversations. One of the ways to do it is making interesting focal points and details in interior decor. It’s important to make comfortable space where people will want to stay and interact.
Look around and find the inspiration in nature, because it is the biggest source of inspiration. It concerns not only with interior design but with everything. One of the ways of your new design strategies may takes the outdoor space as well. There are many methods in this case, such as adding a green wall, indoor gardens, with using organic materials and colors.
Making your home clean, inviting and comfy is the great work but you should invest a lot in an organizational system. Every room must have own system that will be customized for functions and owners’ needs. Choose few options and don’t generalize.
Other interesting method to make the space sophisticated, glamorous, chic is applying patterns and textures but it’s important to know how to use it correctly. These two can make interesting and unique combos. They are made to complement each other, so learn to mix them but don’t forget about right color.
Actually it is easy to see something in magazines or on the internet and have a desire to repeat this in your home. But it’s not so easy like it seems to be. So it’s better to create unique and original style. For doing this think about everything you like and that define you.
Trends have few problems, and they can come and gone. So, even designers advice not to follow trends but to choose timeless and personalized look of your room.