For having perfect finishing touch to a landscaped yard you have to buy a narrow outdoor bench there. It can stand in the end of a meandering path or under a favorite tree. A comfortable small outdoor bench seats provide a place to contemplate nature, to relax after busy working day or week.
Popular Wood for Making Narrow Outdoor Bench
Garden benches and other outdoor furniture can be made from different materials; because natural wood is warm and beautiful. Remember, that wood for benches have to be durable and weather-resistant. So, there are big varieties for making garden narrow outdoor bench designs. Here is the most durable and attractive natural woods:
- Acacia – is a good choice for those who think about sustainability and eco-friendly living. This tree grows in many regions and it is dense and durable hardwood. It can withstand the elements. You can meet this tree in a boat building. Sealing acacia has beautiful golden brown color. If you decide to leave it unsealed, reserve this bench for deck or patio because it can discolor after contact with the damp ground of a garden.
- Cedar – is resistant to insects and rot because of its resins. This wood is lightweight, so you can move the furniture all the time when you need. If you want your narrow outdoor bench to match the other furniture in the garden, cedar is easy to paint and stain. Normally, cedar needs cleaning and sealing every year, because the soft grain can become rough. After a time cedar becomes an elegant silvery gray color. Remember, that this tree is very soft, so dents and scratches will appear here easier than on harder ones. Also, cedar retains moisture, so it is resistant for cracking.
- Cypress – has a natural preservative which helps to be both rot and insect resistant. This type of wood is ready to periodic coat – this will keep the wood looking fresh and beautiful for a long time. Cypress is a stable wood, it has a little shrinking or swelling during the year. It could be the good decision for painted narrow outdoor bench, but it is a little difficult to find mature trees.
- Redwood – is beautiful and stylish type for narrow outdoor bench. But using rare kind of wood, for example sequoia, remember it grows slowly and are limited supply. It is durable, weathers well, and is resistant to decay and insects. Redwood is valuable because of its stability; it does not shrink or warp. This type is also soft like cedar, and it has deep brown amazing color which enhance by coat of clear sealer.
- Shorea – is the common name of almost 200 varieties of trees, including Meranti, Lauan, Balau, Philippine mahogany. It has many positive attributes and is less expensive then teak, for example. Shorea is a durable, dense, tight-grained wood, and it has good qualities even with inclement weather. These trees are resistant to both insects and rot also.
- Teak – has good qualities, and it is good for narrow outdoor bench. It can resist decay, repel water, does not shrink and swell. It is strong and looks great.