Wood beam shelf and fireplace are two completely compatible things! Most people are sure that a fireplace can’t exist without a mantel like a sofa can’t exist without bright pillows. It is clear that a sofa will look better and you have the opportunity to it, so why not?
Maybe, you afraid that you don’t have professional skills for installing a fireplace mantel, but actually, you do not need this. There are so many methods to install such a wood beam shelf on your fireplace and their styles as well. Find the inspiration from these tips of your shelf’s decoration.
18 Tips for Decoration of Wood Beam Shelf
- Choose wooden floating mantel shelf. It gives the feeling of living nature in your living room.
- You can choose a pretty nice wood mantel for a fireplace – classic piece for a classic room.
- If a fireplace is inside the wall, then play with a board as well. For instance, create a beautiful moulding piece for a completing a picture.
- To put on a mantel you need just a board and brackets – that is all. It would be better to add some nice vintage brackets with a feature of wear to make the wood beam shelf alive.
- If you have no enough money to decorate your mantel board with expensive materials, don’t worry, just buy a can of stain in beautiful tone and your wood beam shelf will look completely different.
- If you have a large fireplace, then pay attention to black unique fireplace mantel shelves that won’t look bulky.
- There are fireplaces that look awkward because of placing shelves on one side but not on both. In these situations, you can place a long mantel shelf that will span across a fireplace – the whole wall will make the wall harmonious.
- If you have a stove instead of a fireplace then you also can put on a wood beam shelf as well. Place such a place behind the stove and fill the free space near it.
- A large piece of art hanged above the mantel board will give the fireplace and space near it unique and cozy.
- A large mirror is a perfect way to decorate a fireplace the makes it super cute and beautiful. Besides, it will bounce a light in the room and the space becomes bigger and better.
- Add to your wood beam mantel shelf a little greenery or photos and your shelf will look chicer.
- Also, you can use posters – framed or not.
- It is easy to create the feel of depth on your fireplace wood beam shelf. Pretty nice photos, artworks, books and small things will make your fireplace area interesting.
- If you are a lover of the chipping and vintage style, then put on an empty windowpane and make your living room in minimal farmhouse feel.
- When you change a décor in the whole room according to seasons or holidays do not forget about a fireplace board as well. Add your favorite flowers, some fruits, fall leaves or evergreens on your custom fireplace wood beam shelf.
- Most often mantels are a perfect place for houseplants displaying.
- Some fireplaces need extra lighting but there is not enough space for lamps placing. You can install some scones to offer the light without taking place on the mantel.
- Very often TV screens are placed above the fireplace. You can improve the look of your mantel by framing of the screen.