Today, we consider a tips for small living rooms that will be helpful for people who live in small homes. People in such circumstances start looking differently at most things concerning home decoration and most of them finally find innovative solutions.
Tips for Small Living Rooms
- First you should think about when furnishing with tips for small living rooms – is the traffic flow in it. In order to let people comfortably move through the room, try to remove heavy furniture pieces away from the entrance and rearrange the furniture. At least spread this weight around the room equally. This will totally change the look of modern furniture in small apartments.
- There is another great option which will make your small room look larger – take items displayed on floor spaces and counters, which are not used every day and store them, for example, in drawers or closets. This will give an amazing result.
- Windows are essential in every room. So, if you want to enlarge the space, never use bulky curtains or blinds. Window treatments should never take over the entire décor of the room. if it is possible, remove curtains at all and let the sun shine the room.
- Always remember about the spots in every room where disorder often accumulates. Often, these are forgotten spots and many people do not pay attention to these places. Clean them! After it, your room will look surprisingly inviting and spacious.
- If you have limited space, furniture placed all on the floor is not a good idea. Remember that the room has walls and there are many furniture pieces that can be easily mounted on it. These tips for small living rooms will save you a lot of floor space and the walls will be used much more efficiently. Have you ever thought about storing things on the ceiling?
- Space dividers can not only divide the kitchen from the living room, but also become multifunctional pieces when chosen and used correctly. Make your divider a shelf and store there things that you always must have at hand.
- Concealing thing is wise. You definitely have things you don’t want to be seen by each person coming to your house. Some pieces of furniture for an apartment can be concealed behind the curtains. Build-in features of some contemporary furnishings can become storage for many other smaller things you want to hide.
- Modular seating for small spaces and other multifunctional furniture is made to make the space more efficient and is becoming a real help when it comes to decorating small spaces. Table is an essential part of any living or dining room and in order to save floor space in one of these tips for small living rooms opt for a table which can be a coffee table, but in a moment transforms into a big table for family dining.
- Not only furniture pieces, but entire rooms may become multifunctional. Thus, simple home office can have a function of a guest room whenever the need occurs. This is real thanks to modern multifunctional furnishings.
- Take advantage of corners in the room and of the space under the bed. Storage capacity of the room may be maximized with the help of these “dead spaces”. To make your room more comfortable and inviting consider storage boxes and corner shelves.
- One of the tips for small living rooms is using paint. It is good idea if you want to unify the spaces in the house or disguise anything you do not like about it. Use the same colors all over the house and it will become more spacious. Painting some large furnishings or radiators will take their visual weight away.
- The last in the list of the tips for small living rooms but not by importance are mirrors. With the help of the mirror tiny spaces start looking larger and deeper. Strategic use of mirrors throughout the home is the best way to open spaces of gloomy and dark rooms.