Going for a dinner to restaurant or staying at home to have a meal are two totally different experiences and it is a matter of choice for everyone. Of course comfort of a restaurant usually plays the main role in that decision. But who said that you can’t enjoy home food in a company of your closest people here, in your own dining room? Dinner at home is definitely more intimate process, and to make these experiences even warmer, you need to think about a proper décor. Here are several ideas of big and small dining room interior designs to think about.
- If you want to feel the same openness and freedom you feel having dinner at a restaurant, organize the dining area in a place with a glass door or at least a big window. Thus you and your family can admire the nature surrounding your house. If it is not possible, consider at least hanging a big mirror on the wall.
- In order to improve luxury dining room design, choose the area with high ceiling. In this case dining room will have more dramatic feel. An oversized chandelier hanging above the table and chic furniture will increase this feel several times. What concerns the color palette, try to properly balance cold colors. Such an interesting interior will look not just very beautiful and interesting, but will also create inviting and refreshing atmosphere in the dining room.
- Combination of reach textures and colors or gothic furniture is the right way to achieving the more pompous style of the room. Think how impressive it will look when finished! The royal look of the dining room may be reached with the complementary color palette, which includes golden and peacock blue colors.
- One of the most beautiful modern kitchen dining room ideas is a great choice for those people who prefer more simple and minimalist interiors. Glossy black round dining table surrounded by high-back chairs with a beautiful grey upholstery will look even more luxurious standing in a dining room with grey curtains and black accent walls. Add here several mood wall lights and a stylish wall chandelier to finish the entire composition. Although such interior is not eye-catching, it is intimate and very elegant.
- Sometimes great ideas can be born from almost nothing. This is a matter of Dining rooms interiors’ can be built even around dinner plates. If your inspiration is small and offers you only the turquoise color, it is not a problem. Complement your turquoise dinner plates with a series of accent pieces of the same color (lamps, vase, and curtains) and here you are!
- In order to create inviting and warm atmosphere in your dining room, it is not the best idea to choose white, blue or other cold colors, although they often are refreshing and beautiful. In this case it is better to choose beige, brown, red or yellow colors. This way you will create comfortable area with a great look. Glamorous chandelier always comes in useful, when it is needed to complement a final image of the room.
- Your dining area may successfully become a part of an open floor plan. Even with the absence of room dividers this area’s functions still may be well-delimitated. Choose one of cool dining table ideas with transparent rectangular glass top, and complement it by several elegant comfortable chairs with upholstery perfectly matching the rug. Add here an oversized mirror to enlarge the space and make the atmosphere more airy.
- If you want to be more original when adding an accent element to the dining room, consider turning of ceiling into the work of art. Its not about graffiti or some elaborate paintings, but about simpler things. You may paint stripes there, or add any other eye-catching pattern. After that, add to the interior several unusual accents, like mirror, beautiful chandelier and even a wonderful vase with flowers.
- For somebody, black dining room may seem absolutely not attractive. But this color can be more elegant and beautiful than you could ever thought. Imagine a dining room with high-back black chairs, black floors and black accent wall with glossy textured wallpaper. Here, the décor can be balanced by minimalist wood table, white ceiling, big windows and a silver mirror.